The flavor-boosting secret to this salad is gingery prepared mango chutney. The sautéed seitan and shredded cabbage combination tastes great hot or cold.
- 1/3 cup prepared mango chutney
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 8-oz. pkg. seitan, cut into bite-size strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 3/4 tsp. mild curry powder
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into thin half moons (3/4 cup)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
1. To make Dressing: Blend chutney, peanut butter, and 1/3 cup water in blender until smooth. Set aside.
2. To make Salad: Heat 2 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add seitan, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic and remaining 1 tsp. oil, and sauté 30 seconds. Sprinkle with curry powder, and sauté 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
3. Toss cabbage and cucumber with Dressing in large bowl. Top with warm seitan and green onions.
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 587 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g