Think cabbage salad has to be a slaw? Think again. Thinly sliced cabbage heads make a crunchy alternative to lettuce. This salad should be served as soon as it is made so the cabbage retains its vibrant color. To make pomegranate syrup, simmer 1 cup pomegranate juice with 2 Tbs. sugar and 1 Tbs. lemon juice over medium heat 1 hour, until thick.
- 1 Tbs. plus 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. grape seed oil
- 2 tsp. pomegranate syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 head red cabbage, cut in half, cored, and very thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1. Whisk together vinegar, oil, pomegranate syrup, and mustard in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Toss together cabbage, pear slices, walnuts, and red onion in serving bowl. Add dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 125
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 34 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g