Thai red curry paste provides the spicy base for this soup. Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand for the cauliflower and green beans.
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 12 oz. cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (3 cups)
- 4 large green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 Tbs. Thai red curry paste, such as Thai Kitchen
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can petite diced tomatoes in juice
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 6 oz. green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (11/2 cups)
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and white parts of green onions; sauté 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown. Add curry paste, and sauté 1 minute more.
2. Add broth and tomatoes with their juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk and green beans, and simmer 5 minutes, or until beans are tender.
4. Stir in lime juice and remaining green onions. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 105
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 618 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g