Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This dish is a fantastic way to impress guests when served with crackers or carrot and celery sticks. It also makes a wonderful sandwich spread.
1. Bring lentils, 3 cups water, and pinch salt, if desired, to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and cool.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 10 minutes, or until onion is golden. Cool.
3. Pulse pecans in food processor until thick paste forms. Add lentils and onion mixture, and purée until smooth. Add parsley, miso, rice vinegar, basil, thyme, and pepper; pulse until combined.
4. Transfer to bowl. Cover, and chill 4 hours. To serve: Invert pâté onto plate. Garnish with pecans and parsley.
- Calories 185
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 128 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g