Red lentils infused with onions and rosemary provide a creamy base for crisp-tender greens.
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 6 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 lb. baby bok choy (4 heads) thinly sliced, stems and leaves separated
- 1 lb. mustard greens, stems removed, chopped (8 cups)
- 2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1. Bring broth, lentils, diced onion, and rosemary to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Drain.
2. Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add thinly sliced onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add bok choy stems, and sauté 2 minutes. Add bok choy leaves and mustard greens, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until wilted. Stir in ginger, and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3. Combine remaining 6 Tbs. oil with vinegar and mustard; whisk well.
4. Divide lentils among 4 serving plates, top lentils with 1/2 cup vegetables, and drizzle each serving with 1 Tbs. vinaigrette. Serve remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette on the side, if desired, or reserve for future use.
- Calories: 316
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 146 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g