The natural sweetness and thick texture of beets keep these brownies tender.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Purée beets in food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. You should have 1 cup. Set aside.
3. Whisk together butter and sugar in bowl until smooth. Add vanilla, then whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in beets.
4. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in separate bowl. Fold flour mixture into beet mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool, then cut into 16 squares.
- Calories 161
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 42 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 17 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g