This one-dish meal is a blend of nutty-tasting sprouted wild rice, fresh corn kernels and sweet bell pepper.
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 4 Tbs. minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 6 cups mixed greens, optional
Soak rice in filtered water to cover 8 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse. Stand at 45-degree angle in a screen- or mesh-covered large jar. Do not let rice cover mouth of jar. Rinse mornings and evenings for 3 days or until grain has split and is soft.
In large bowl, combine sprouted rice, bell pepper, corn, green onion, avocado and herbs. Toss to mix.
In small bowl, mix maple syrup, lemon juice and liquid aminos until well blended. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and let stand for flavors to develop, 1 to 2 hours. Serve over mixed greens if desired.
- Calories: 344
- Carbohydrate Content: 65 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 344 mg