Flash-roasted rhubarb lends a sweet note to a nutty goat cheese salad.
- 3 ribs rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (11/2 cups)
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 6 oz. mixed greens
- 2 oz. goat cheese
1 | Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss rhubarb with sugar in medium bowl, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, or until rhubarb starts to soften.
2 | Toast pecans in small dry skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until just beginning to brown.
3 | Whisk together vinegar and oil in large bowl. Stir in shallot. Add greens, and toss to coat. Serve salad topped with goat cheese, rhubarb, and pecans.
- Calories: 182
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 89 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g