Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
Roasting broccoli gives it a rich flavor, and causes tiny florets to fall off the stalks, which coat the spaghetti and give it a pesto look. The sauce is perfect for the delicate texture of soy spaghetti, which must be handled carefully to keep it from breaking.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss broccoli and 2 Tbs. olive oil on baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Roast broccoli 35 minutes, or until beginning to brown, turning after 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, pepper, and remaining 1 Tbs. oil in large bowl. Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente. Drain spaghetti, and reserve 1 cup cooking water. Transfer spaghetti to bowl with lemon mixture, and toss to coat.
3. Coarsely chop broccoli, and toss with spaghetti mixture, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten as needed. Season with salt, and sprinkle with vegan Parmesan, if using, and pine nuts.
- Calories 390
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 375 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g