Rice Salad with Sweet Corn
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 cups freshly cooked or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded white cabbage 2 1/4-oz. jar pitted green olives, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 scallions, minced (1/3 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or dill
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool several minutes.
In large bowl, combine rice with remaining ingredients. Toss until well mixed and serve at room temperature.
- Calories 249
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 583 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g