Dark brown sugar and real vanilla bean heighten the complex flavors of dark chocolate in this decadent beverage mix.
- 1 ½ 3.5-oz. bars dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup plus 1 ½ Tbs. dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
1 Combine first 5 ingredients in food processor. Scrape seeds from vanilla-bean halves with small, sharp knife. Add seeds to processor. Blend mixture in six 10-second intervals, or until chocolate is finely ground, rapping sides of work bowl with wooden spoon between pulses to settle ingredients.
2 Transfer mixture to 3-cup jar; add vanilla-bean-pod halves. Seal and store at room temperature.
3 To prepare Hot Chocolate: Bring 1 cup milk or nondairy milk and ¼ cup Hot-Chocolate Mix to a low boil, whisking often to blend. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer gently
45 seconds, or until thickened and smooth, whisking constantly.
- Serving Size: per serving
- Calories: 168
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.5 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 132 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g