- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 20 thick asparagus spears Lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Toast cumin seeds in small, heavy saucepan over medium heat 1 minute, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer to mortar, and coarsely grind with pestle.
2. Transfer cumin to medium bowl. Add walnuts, parsley, onion, 3 Tbs. oil, lemon zest, paprika, and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Place asparagus on large baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Depending on thickness, roast asparagus 7 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Transfer to plates.
4. Spoon 1⁄2 cup charmoula over asparagus. (Reserve remaining sauce for another use.) Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Calories: 135
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 6 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g