Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Toast cumin seeds in small, heavy saucepan over medium heat 1 minute, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer to mortar, and coarsely grind with pestle.
2. Transfer cumin to medium bowl. Add walnuts, parsley, onion, 3 Tbs. oil, lemon zest, paprika, and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Place asparagus on large baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Depending on thickness, roast asparagus 7 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Transfer to plates.
4. Spoon 1⁄2 cup charmoula over asparagus. (Reserve remaining sauce for another use.) Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Calories 135
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 6 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g