A Sprinkle of ‘Hemp Parm’ Elevates This Roasted Broccoli
'Hemp parm' – hemp seeds and nutritional yeast – sounds like one of those 1970s hippie-bean-sprout-vegan ideas, and that just makes us love it more
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The hemp parm that distinguishes this roasted broccoli dish is made by combining hemp seeds and nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast, as any veg already knows, is the GOAT – but hemp seeds are also a pretty strong contender. Once you’ve bought a sack, you’ll find they come up more often than you ever imagined (like in our favorite sunbutter recipe).
Roasted broccoli goes to a happy place where the veg is crispy and a bit nutty, but be mindful not to let the delicate florets burn too much in the oven or they may become bitter.
From Better Nutrition
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Spicy Spinach with Sunflower Seeds
Linguine with Sunflower Pesto
Saffron Peach Jam
Roasted Broccoli with Hemp Parm
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or sunflower seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 450°F. Toss broccoli florets with oil until everything is lightly coated, and spread out on rimmed baking sheet. Season with ¼ tsp. salt. Bake 20 minutes, turning florets halfway during cooking, until darkened in a few spots.
- In small bowl, stir together hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt. Serve broccoli topped with hemp seasoning.