Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
An almond flour coating gives these spicy buffalo cauliflower bites a crispy exterior without the need for bread crumbs. Paired with a dip made of heart-healthy fats, you have a satiating side. Serve it hot right from the oven for best texture.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower with Herby Avocado Dip
- Prepare dip: To a small, unheated skillet, add oil and garlic. Place on low heat, until oil is sizzling for 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a high-speed blender or small food processor. Add avocado, chives, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, dill, oregano and mustard powder; process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in mayonnaise. (TIP: Thin with water, 1 tsp at a time, if mixture is too thick.) Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare cauliflower: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt, paprika and pepper. In a separate large bowl, beat egg. Add cauliflower florets to egg bowl and toss to coat. Sprinkle flour mixture onto cauliflower; toss to coat.
- Divide cauliflower between baking sheets; spreading evenly. Mist with cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine hot sauce and ghee; warm on low heat, whisking, until ghee is melted. When cauliflower is done, divide sauce between baking sheets, drizzling on cauliflower, taking care not to let breading fall off.
- Switch oven to broil on high. Broil 1 to 2 minutes per sheet, until spots not covered with sauce are golden. Sprinkle with parsley (if using). Serve with dip on the side.
From Clean Eating
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 567
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 88 mg
- Fat Content 49 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 1519 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 29 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g