- 2 heads garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 3-lb. butternut squash, peeled and cubed, about 8 cups
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large leeks, well rinsed and sliced, about 13/4 cups
- 1 2/3 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 3 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- 6 cups chicken-flavored vegetarian stock
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup mild white miso
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray baking sheet with oil.
Spray cut surfaces of garlic with oil. Place halves back together, and wrap each tightly in foil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Cool garlic in foil.
Place squash in single layer on baking sheet. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In 6-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks, carrots, potatoes and sage. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Spray with cooking spray, if needed.
Bring stock to a boil, then pour into vegetable mixture. Reduce heat to medi-um, and cook mixture 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
In food processor and in two batches, blend soup vegetables with squash, peeled garlic and yeast. Process to thick purée, return to saucepan and mix thoroughly.
Combine miso and vermouth in small bowl, blending together with small wire whisk or fork. Add mixture to bisque, and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Calories: 209
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 199 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g