Roasted cauliflower gets a hit of flavor and texture from crispy sage leaves fried in butter. For an entrée salad, serve the vegetables over baby kale, and garnish with lemon wedges.
- 1 2-lb. head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (8 cups)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 Tbs. (¼ cup) unsalted butter
- 25–30 whole, large sage leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, toasted pine nuts or chopped, toasted, sliced almonds
1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2 Toss together cauliflower and oil in large bowl, and season with salt, if desired. Spread on prepared baking sheet, and roast 25 to 28 minutes, or until deeply browned.
3 Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add sage leaves, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until darkened, crisp, and slightly curled. Remove from heat, and set aside.
4 Transfer cauliflower to serving dish. Pour sage-butter mixture over top, and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Serving Size: per 1-cup serving
- Calories: 243
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 31 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 28 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g