Broiled cherry tomatoes give this salsa a sweet, smoky flavor. Try the recipe in winter as well, when cherry tomatoes are the best-tasting fresh tomato option around.
- 1 large pasilla chile
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (1 lb.)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeño chile, chopped (3 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
1. Preheat broiler. Broil chile and tomatoes on baking sheet 5 to 7 minutes, or until chile is blackened and some tomatoes are slightly blackened, turning chile occasionally. Place chile in bowl, and cover with plastic wrap or tight lid to steam. Cool.
2. Peel and seed chile. Pulse in food processor with tomatoes, onion, and jalapeño, until chunky. Transfer to bowl, and stir in cilantro, lime juice, and maple syrup. Season with salt, if desired.
- Calories: 17
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 3 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g