TJ Dupree of Portland, Maine, cooks this protein-packed alternative to popcorn with his two kids.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, or 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Pat chickpeas dry with paper towels.
2. Toss together chickpeas, oil, and garlic in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 30 to 40 minutes, or until chickpeas are crunchy, stirring occasionally. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 200 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g