Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The spices in these chickpeas sneak up on you after the first bite. The flavors are mellow, but if you want more heat, you can add a little more cayenne pepper.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Stir together paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Pat chickpeas dry with clean towel. Spread on baking sheet, and bake 40 minutes. Transfer chickpeas to bowl, and toss with oil to coat. Sprinkle with spices, and stir to coat. Season with salt, if desired.
4. Decrease oven heat to 300°F. Spread chickpeas on baking sheet, and return to oven. Bake 12 to 18 minutes, or until chickpeas are crisp and golden. Cool.
- Calories 246
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 50 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g