Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Frozen, roasted corn gives chowder a flavor usually achieved by a long simmer. A blend of corn and soymilk thickens the soup and speeds the cooking process.
1. Heat oil in pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots and bell pepper, and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Stir in potatoes, and cook 3 minutes more. Add broth and all but 1 cup corn, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with cooking spray. Cook tempeh bacon strips 8 minutes, or until crispy. Chop, and toss with parsley.
3. Blend reserved 1 cup corn with soymilk in blender; add to soup. Return chowder to a simmer, then remove from heat. Serve sprinkled with bacon and parsley.
- Calories 207
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 192 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g