This is a good recipe for showing off the curvaceous shapes of white or Thai eggplants. Globe or Asian eggplants will also work.
- 1 1/2 lb. eggplants, halved, quartered, or cut into large cubes (8 cups)
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 yellow, orange, or red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips (3 cups)
- 2 Anaheim chiles, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss together eggplants, onion, bell peppers, chiles, and oil in roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and roast 35 minutes. Stir in garlic, and roast 5 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes, and roast 15 to 20 minutes more, stirring every 10 minutes, or until eggplants are very tender. Stir in parsley, thyme, and tarragon.
- Calories: 189
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 17 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g