Roasted Garlic Dressing
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 to 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, drained
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 3 green onions (white parts only), chopped
- 2 Tbs. herb vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush garlic cloves well with 1 teaspoon of oil, reserve remaining oil. Roast garlic in baking pan until golden and soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully so garlic does not get over brown. Remove and cool.
When cool enough to handle, peel garlic and combine pulp with reserved oil and remaining ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth and use to dress any mixed green salad.
- Calories 28
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g