These individual bundles of seasoned, roasted green beans will impress guests and make serving a cinch.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbs. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Lemon slices, for garnish, optional
- Hawaiian salt, black salt, or fleur de sel, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and red onion, and blanch 3 minutes. Drain, then pat vegetables dry with paper towels.
3. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add beans and onion slices; toss to coat.
4. Group beans and onion slices into 8 bundles (about 10 to 15 beans each), and tie each bundle with 8-inch piece of kitchen twine. Place bundles tie side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until bean ends begin to brown. Flip bundles with spatula so tie side is up, and bake 7 to 10 minutes more, or until all bean tips are brown. Transfer bundles to serving plate, and garnish with lemon slices and Hawaiian salt, if using.
- Calories: 35
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g