Roasting leeks brings out their root-vegetable side so that they can be served on their own or as part of this salad.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss leeks with 2 Tbs. olive oil in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread leeks on baking sheet and roast 45 minutes, or until golden, turning several times with spatula.
2. Meanwhile whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and remaining 1 Tbs. oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Fill large skillet with 2 inches water, and bring to a boil. Add eggs, reduce heat to medium-low, and poach eggs
5 minutes (for soft yolks), or until whites and yolks have turned opaque, spooning simmering water over eggs.
4. Toss spinach with mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted leeks, and dressing in large bowl. Divide salad among 6 dinner plates. Top each serving with 1 poached egg, and garnish with cheese.
- Calories 297
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 224 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 614 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g