- 4 Bosc, Comice, Concorde, or Bartlett pears, halved and cored
- 8 tsp. plus 2 Tbs. fig jam, divided
- 5 oz. soft goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 1 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling, divided
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 cups watercress or baby arugula
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place pear halves cut-side up in 2 large baking dishes.
2. Spoon 1 tsp. jam in center of each pear half. Top with goat cheese rounds, and lightly drizzle with oil. Bake pears 30 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
3. Whisk together remaining 2 Tbs. fig jam, lemon juice, and mustard in bowl. Whisk in 1 Tbs. olive oil.
4. Divide watercress among 8 serving plates. Sprinkle with onion and walnuts. Top each with pear half, and drizzle with dressing.
- Calories: 173
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 82 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g