While similar to a traditional tomato-based gazpacho, this version gets a flavor boost from roasted and fresh red bell peppers. Adding classic Spanish garnishescubed bread and chopped eggstransforms this soup into a meal-in-one.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 13.75-oz. can roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 2 to 3 Tbs. minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cubed, for garnish
- 3/4 cup garlic-seasoned croutons for garnish
Put tomato and olive oil into blender, and purée until smooth. Add all remaining ingredients—except eggs and croutons—in stages, puréeing after each addition until mixture is fairly smooth. Chill for at least 1 hour.
To serve, pour soup into individual bowls, and garnish each serving with cubes of egg and croutons.
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 105 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 300 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g