Want to take something other than a salad to your next potluck? Try this quick side dish that tastes great chilled or at room temperature.
- 3 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs. tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 lb. portobello mushrooms, stems removed (about 6 medium)
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 4 9-oz. bags spinach
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
To make Sesame Dressing: Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
To make Roasted Portobellos: Preheat oven to 400F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place mushrooms on prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil, and bake 20 minutes. Cool, and slice.
Heat 2 Tbs. water and 2 bags spinach in large pot over high heat. Cover, and steam 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach. Cool, then squeeze out liquid. Toss with mushrooms and dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Calories: 142
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 423 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g