Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Serve this warm main-dish potato salad on a bed of watercress or arugula, which will wilt slightly from the potatoes’ heat.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss potatoes with 2 Tbs. oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on baking sheet, and roast 40 minutes, or until tender and browned, stirring once or twice.
2. Meanwhile, remove chorizo from casing, and crumble into large skillet. Add 1 Tbs. oil, and sauté over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until chorizo is browned and crispy. Add onion and garlic, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes more, or until onion softens. Transfer to bowl, and stir in potatoes.
3. Whisk together remaining 2 Tbs. oil, sherry, and vinegar in small bowl. Add to potatoes, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Gently stir in cantaloupe chunks and chopped parsley. Serve warm.
- Calories 379
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 256 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g