The Northwest is noted for the high quality of its potatoes. This recipe showcases them to earthy perfection in a hearty side dish.
- 4 large white-skinned or red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 scallions, including green tops, sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp. dried
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh marjoram or 2 tsp. dried
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary or 2 tsp. dried
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 375F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
Line broiler pan with lightly oiled aluminum foil. Distribute potato mixture evenly in pan. Bake 1 hour, stirring gently once or twice during baking.
- Calories: 291
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 192 mg