Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Leftover chutney from this recipe can be used as a dip, a sandwich spread, or an accompaniment to Indian dishes.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss potatoes with 1 Tbs. oil in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Arrange potatoes cut side up on baking sheet. Roast 25 minutes, or until browned on top and tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and mustard seeds. Sauté 9 to 10 minutes, or until shallots are golden brown, stirring often. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in vinegar, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Return skillet to burner, and heat over medium-low heat 1 minute, or until juices thicken. Stir in cilantro.
3. Mound 1 tsp. chutney on cut side of each potato half, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Calories 166
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 13 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g