The bright red tomatoes and deep green basil make this soup a colorful treat for company. For a spicy kick, add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes to the tomatoes and broth.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 Tbs.)
- 3 15-oz. cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 6 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant, stirring often.
2. Stir in tomatoes and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 25 minutes, or until soup thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls.
- Calories: 92
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 707 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g