- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. fresh or frozen asparagus, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 13.25-oz. pkg. whole-wheat or white linguine
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss together mushrooms, asparagus, onion, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in large roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes, or until mushrooms and onions begin to brown, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
2. Add tomatoes to pan, and roast 7 to 10 minutes more, or until tomatoes shrivel and soften. Transfer vegetables to bowl. Add wine to roasting pan, stirring to scrape off any stuck-on bits from bottom of pan. Place roasting pan on burner over medium heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until wine has evaporated by half; or return roasting pan to oven 5 minutes, and let wine cook off.
3. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Stir reserved cooking water into reduced wine in roasting pan.
4. Return pasta to pot. Add wine mixture and vegetables, and toss over medium-low heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in torn fresh basil leaves, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 208
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 15 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g