Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This chunky soup is low in calories yet surprisingly satisfying. It tastes delicious hot or cold.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Rub papery skin off garlic, and cut off top of head to expose clove tips. Place on square of foil, and drizzle with 1 Tbs. water. Wrap garlic, and roast 35 to 40 minutes, or until soft.
3. Toss tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, and oil with paprika in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on 2 baking sheets, and roast 35 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
4. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into bowl of food processor; add half of roasted vegetables and 1 cup water. Blend until smooth, then transfer to large bowl or saucepan. Pulse remaining vegetables in food processor until chopped, then stir into puréed soup with corn and vinegar. Warm, if necessary.
STORE/SERVE Refrigerate up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Serve hot or cold.
- Calories 239
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g