30 MINUTES OR LESSThis colorful dish brings you the lively flavors of the Southwest in a main-course soup. Offer corn or flour tortillas with the soup, and conclude with a fruit-flavored sorbet and meringues or butter cookies.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes with juices
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 12 oz. taco-flavored ground soy "meat"
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning, or to taste
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 cup grated soy cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (about 2 oz.) crushed baked corn chips
Heat stock in large saucepan, and add chopped tomatoes and lime juice.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet, and sauté ground soy “meat.” Stir in taco seasoning and ground cumin, and continue cooking until browned.
When stock boils, remove from heat. Stir in grated cheese, chopped chiles, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon ground soy “meat” into large soup bowls, and ladle hot soup on top. Garnish servings with cilantro, diced avocado, grape tomatoes and corn chips. Serve hot.
- Calories: 550
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 1850 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g