- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes (about 3 medium), scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 cups Roasted Roots (November '98, p. 54), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup vegetable broth
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are cooked through and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
Add root vegetables, salt, pepper and herbs and mix well. Add broth. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, until heated through and liquid evaporates, 5 to 10 minutes. Cook a few more minutes to brown bottom slightly. Serve right away.
- Calories: 265
- Carbohydrate Content: 72 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 240 mg