Hearty vegetables are roasted, and then coated in a sweet and spicy glaze.
- 2 small or 1 large parsnip, cut into 1-inch pieces (12 oz.)
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces (8 oz.)
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (8 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
Preheat oven to 450°F, and position oven rack in center. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
Toss parsnips and carrots with 2 tsp. oil, and arrange on one prepared baking sheet. Toss Brussels sprouts with remaining 1 tsp. oil, and arrange on second baking sheet. Roast 10 to 12 minutes, stirring vegetables once or twice, then remove Brussels sprouts from oven. Roast parsnips and carrots 8 to 10 minutes more.
Meanwhile, whisk together honey, vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) in small bowl.
Transfer roasted vegetables to serving dish, toss with honey mixture, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 174
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 62 mg
- Sugar Content: 17 g