This Italian-inspired spread has the smooth consistency of hummus with a hint of almonds. Try layering it in a tomato-topped bruschetta.
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1. Toast almonds in skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until beginning to brown, shaking pan constantly. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and rosemary, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
3. Transfer oil mixture to food processor. Add beans, and process until smooth. Add almonds, and process until finely chopped. Thin with 2 Tbs. water, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 91
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 62 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g