Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Most ratatouille recipes call for seasoning the vegetable combination with a blend of herbs. Here, the mixture is flavored simply with fresh rosemary so that the vegetables take center stage.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chopped rosemary. Cook 30 seconds. Add eggplant, zucchini, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1 tsp. vinegar, and 1/2 cup water. Cover; cook 8 minutes.
2. Whisk together eggs and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. vinegar in bowl.
3. Scrape ratatouille into bowl. Recoat skillet with cooking spray, and return to medium-high heat. Pour in eggs, and cook 1 minute. Spoon 2 cups ratatouille over eggs. (Reserve any remaining ratatouille for another use.) Place skillet in oven, and bake 8 minutes, or until set.
4. Loosen frittata from skillet using heat-proof spatula. Slide out onto platter. Cut into 4 wedges, garnish each with rosemary sprig, and serve.
- Calories 219
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 372 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 172 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g