Prepared pesto and canned artichoke hearts make this a ready-in-minutes meal.
- 12 oz. whole-wheat rotelle pasta
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 13.75-oz. can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring second pot of water to a boil. Fill large bowl with cold water, and set aside. Blanch asparagus in boiling water 3 minutes. Remove, and dunk in bowl to stop cooking process.
Heat olive oil and pesto in large skillet over medium heat; add garlic. Sauté 30 seconds, or until golden. Add beans, and cook 5 minutes more. Squeeze excess liquid from artichoke hearts, and add to skillet along with asparagus. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Toss together pasta, vegetable sauce and cheeses in serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and pass around table to serve.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 374 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g