Serve this dish hot—the tofu sauce may lose its creaminess as it cools.
- 4 oz. Italian-style baked tofu, diced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped, divided (3 cups)
- 8 oz. dry rotelle pasta (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
1. Place tofu, oil, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, and 1/2 cup hot water in bowl of food processor. Purée 3 minutes, or until mixture is smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Thin with more water, if necessary, to achieve consistency of sour cream. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, and return to pot. Stir in tofu mixture. Stir in remaining 2 cups tomatoes and torn basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 322
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.5 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 202 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g