Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This tart recipe can be made with any fresh fruit—simply substitute 6 cups of your favorite fruit for the peaches and blueberries called for below. When peaches and berries aren’t in season, you can also make this tart with frozen fruit.
1. To make Cornmeal Crust: Pulse flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt in food processor 2 or 3 times to combine. Add cheese and butter, and blend until dough resembles coarse meal. Add 3 Tbs. cold water, and pulse several times, or until dough comes together. Pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. To make Peach-Blueberry Filling: Toss peaches, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
3. Place sheet of parchment paper on work surface, and sprinkle with flour. Roll dough into 12-inch round. Fold in edge 1/2 inch to create sides. Slide parchment and dough onto ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan.
4. Spoon fruit in center of crust with slotted spoon. Discard juices. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F, and bake 20 minutes more, or until crust is crisp and brown. Let cool 10 minutes. Slide tart from parchment onto serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, and top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- Calories 319
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 31 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 123 mg
- Sugar Content 29 g