In this hearty pizza recipe, preheating the baking sheet mimics a pizza stone, and results in a crisp crust and short baking time.
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 16-oz. pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
- 21/2 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, drained, chopped
- 21/2 oz. reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 large red jalapeno or Fresno chile, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 | Place oven rack in lowest position; place large baking sheet on rack, and preheat oven to 500°F.
2 | Coat large skillet with cooking spray. Add squash; season with salt, if desired, and coat with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cover, and cook 5 minutes, or until squash is tender and water is absorbed.
3 | Coat dull side of non-stick foil with cooking spray. Place dough on foil; coat dough with spray. Stretch dough into 13- x 9-inch oblong shape. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheeses, then squash and onion, leaving 1/2-inch border around sides. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4 | Slide foil with pizza onto hot baking sheet in oven. Bake pizza 10 to 15 minutes, or until crust is crisp.
5 | Meanwhile, toss together parsley, chile, lemon peel, and garlic in small bowl. Mix in goat cheese. 6 | Transfer pizza to cutting board or platter. Sprinkle with parsley mixture.
- Calories: 213
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 528 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g