Pungent saffron—the world’s costliest spice—is prized for its deep, golden color and subtle flavor.
- 1/2 cup white wine or hot vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. saffron threads
- 2 cups vegetable broth, boiling
- 2 cups quick-cook, whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbs. chopped flat-leaf parsley
Place wine and saffron in small bowl, and set aside for 10 minutes.
In small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous, apricots, walnuts, parsley and saffron mixture. Stir to mix well. Cover, remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 309
- Carbohydrate Content: 60 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 14 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g