In this twist on the Kentucky classic, sage stands in for mint, and Meyer lemons are added for a unique winter cocktail.
- 36 fresh sage leaves, 30 torn in half (1/2 cup), 6 left whole for garnish
- 5 Meyer lemons or regular lemons, 3 quartered, 2 sliced for garnish
- 6 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 12 oz. bourbon or unsweetened iced tea
- 6 oz. seltzer water (3/4 cup)
1. Chill 6 tumblers in freezer.
2. Make each drink individually by placing 10 sage leaf halves, 2 lemon quarters, and 1 Tbs. brown sugar in shaker. Mash together with muddler or back of spoon 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
3. Add 4 ice cubes, and top with 2 oz. bourbon and 1 oz. seltzer. Shake well.
4. Fill chilled tumbler with crushed ice. Strain julep mixture from shaker over ice, and garnish with Meyer lemon slice and sage leaf.
- Calories: 186
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 5 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g