Thin rice vermicelli noodles are piled atop a saucy eggplant stir-fry so they retain their tender, fluffy texture and don’t get weighed down by the sauce. Serve this dish with lime wedges and your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 medium Japanese eggplants, trimmed and sliced (7 cups)
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 6 oz. dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, crushed
1 Heat oil in wok or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplants, and sauté 20 to 25 minutes, or until soft and golden.
2 Meanwhile, whisk together lime juice, Liquid Aminos, brown sugar, and garlic until sugar dissolves. Stir into eggplant, cover, and reduce heat to low.
3 Soak or cook vermicelli according to package directions. Drain.
4 Divide lettuce and carrots among four large bowls. Top with noodles and eggplant. Garnish with mint and peanuts.
- Calories: 323
- Carbohydrate Content: 56 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 762 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g