Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Salt and vinegar crisps (known Stateside as potato chips) and chips (what we call French fries) are pub nosh standards. Here, the concept gets a healthful makeover with roasted potato cubes and a syrupy malt vinegar sauce.
1. Soak potatoes in large bowl of cold water 30 minutes. Drain, and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss potatoes with oil on baking sheet, and spread in single layer. Roast 45 minutes, or until golden and crisp, turning 2 or 3 times. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Meanwhile, bring vinegar and sugar to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Serve malt sauce on side for dipping, or drizzle over potatoes.
- Calories 89
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g