- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. uncooked pasta shells
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
Bring large pot of water to a boil. When water boils, add salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion, celery and mushrooms and cook, stirring often until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in red pepper flakes to taste.
Drain and rinse pasta under cold running water; drain again. Add to vegetable mixture and stir until well coated and thoroughly heated.
- Calories: 365
- Carbohydrate Content: 74 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 385 mg