Once you've tried this tasty dish, you'll find yourself making it again and again.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced cloves garlic
- 3 bunches kale, tough ribs removed, chopped (1 3/4 lb.)
- 1/3 cup slivered pitted dates
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar
1. Heat oil and garlic in skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until garlic starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Spread garlic on plate in single layer. Add a few handfuls of kale to pan, and stir until it wilts. Add remaining kale a few handfuls at a time; sauté 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer kale to colander to drain, pressing to remove excess liquid. Return kale to pan, and stir in dates and vinegar. Heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve sprinkled with garlic.
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 36 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g