For a quick side dish, double the recipe, freeze half, then heat it up when you’re in a rush to get dinner on the table.
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, cut into 1-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place squash, 1 Tbs. oil, and salt in large bowl, and toss.
3. Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add squash, and cook 5 minutes, or until just soft.
4. Spread squash mixture on prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, and bake 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan immediately to prevent sticking, and serve.
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 591 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g